Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just Watched: Finding Neverland

When we borrowed this movie from Matt's brother's partner, he said, "I'm never going to see this again, am I?" And we said, "Oh of course you will." That was well over a year ago and now he lives in Florida. We watched this way back when we borrowed it, and yesterday we pulled it out of the bag it was sitting in waiting for return transportation and watched it again. This is one good movie.

Matt likes to claim that I have no imagination and that I hate imagination, but imagination is the subject of this movie. Of course Johnny Depp doesn't hurt. And Kate Winslet is fantastic. It is basically the story of how J.M. Barrie came up with Peter Pan. It is sad and beautiful and hopeful in so many ways. And it was just as good the second time as it was the first.

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

I thought it was a fun movie.