Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just Read: Lasso the Wind by Tim Egan



This book is a great read for Westerners or anyone who loves the West. There are fourteen chapters, each a different place, including Catron County, New Mexico; Las Vegas, Nevada; Havasupai, Arizona. Possibly all 11 states are represented. This is creative nonfiction at its best. It made me remember why I wanted to be a writer in the first place. Loved it. Couldn't put it down.*

*Same results not guaranteed unless you are a nature freak like me.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am glad you found time to finish this book after you started working, still writing, catering, seeing friends, etc. How is the job going?

baillie said...

My job for today is to go pick up Alison from work (I get to ride the bus!) so we can go to the Hinkle Family Fun Center, where I will watch Alison play the basketball game. I have resigned myself to the fact that my wife is far and away better at carnival games than I.

Ms. S said...

Definitely will check out! Happy Halloween.