Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Last Day of Weekday Freedom

Starting Monday I will be gainfully employed. No more Wacky Wednesday's at the Putt Putt, no more sleeping till 7 or 8 or 9. No more staying up until midnight. No more taking off for Phoenix at the last minute. No more inventing necklace holders. (Isn't it cute? This is a piece of a wire shelf system we are not using. I was never able to find a necklace holder that was tall enough.)


But we will have money, so that's good. No more watching my bank accounts deplete.

In the 2.5 days left before I start work, I have to write a book review, go out to a local farm and take pictures and write a feature, work a catering shift, and do laundry. Hmm, maybe I should be working on one of those things instead of blogging.

While working, I plan to keep catering and writing for the paper as well as volunteer for Albuquerque Open Space and participate in the New Mexico Riparian Council. I think I will be busy. Oh, I'm also planning to join the gym with a corporate membership. So I can get in shape for Ecuador.

In other news, Brownback dropped out of the Presidential race and Hastert will be resigning before his term is up. What is it about Larry Craig that he doesn't quit too. He is a national laughingstock. I almost feel sorry for the Republicans. Almost.

No comments: