Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

Today is a day scheduled to blog about the environment. I often blog about the environment, but I don't really know what to say today. I was going to just talk about houses, so I will head in that direction.

Yesterday Matt learned that our eco-friendly little adobe house is cracking because the wall between the bedroom and the office does not have a foundation and since we have a bookshelf on that wall, maybe it's pulling the wall or the floor down too much. Or something. That is seriously her excuse. So she thinks we should move our bookshelf. To where I'm not sure since our little house is filled. Also she put a closet on the other side of the wall where all my clothes hang, so I'm sure that's not causing any of the problem. Here's a thought - lay a foundation under all adobe walls next time. They're kind of heavy.

I am currently in Phoenix because my sister came to town to purchase a house that will be built and ready for them to move into when they return to the US. I thought I would come visit. She bought a house in an infill area of South Tempe, so that is eco-friendly. Not destroying pristine desert. Also, she upgraded to programmable thermostats and extra insulation in the ceiling. Both ecofriendly. Her front yard will be desert landscaped. Also ecofriendly. And the home is an SRP Power Wise Home. Not sure what that means, but it sounds good. I do normally encourage resale homes, but you know, you've got to start somewhere.

So maybe something to blog about today is how you are helping the environment in some small way. I have nothing to say for myself right now since I got on a plane and flew here. The same as I did last weekend. And we drove the weekend before. So I am way not eco-friendly right now. Don't follow my example. But do enjoy the environment today!

1 comment:

baillie said...

Our house sez:
"The burdens you have placed upon me are tearing me apart!!!"