Friday, April 13, 2007

Step it Up 2007: April 14th: A Day of Climate Action

In case you missed NPR's Science Friday, today Bill McKibben, one of my favorite authors and environmentalists, was featured discussing low-carbon lifestyles and the big Step it Up 2007 event tomorrow. Please, please, please, visit the website and look for events in your community and attend them! Sadly enough, I was too lazy to organize one in my town, and rather than driving one hour each way to the closest one and wasting a lot of carbon, I will be staying home and encouraging others through my blog. I admit it - I missed the boat on this one. The goal is to convince Congress to cut carbon 80% by 2050.

On NPR, Chris Goodall also suggested that the single most important thing you can do on an individual basis is to cut back on flying. Which is something I seriously need to work on. Also, eat local.

No comments: