Monday, April 23, 2007

Housing

Looking for housing sucks, ya'll. Although I'm wondering, did it suck a lot more before craigslist existed? (By the way, don't ever forget the 's' in the aforementioned website. Bad things will happen.) Anyways, I have been simultaneously looking for summer housing in LA and more permanent housing in Albuquerque and it seriously took up three straight days.

I think, although it has not yet been confirmed, that in LA I will be living with an 'eco-conscious vegetarian' who cooks healthy breakfasts and dinner for her residents each weekday. The property is also on National Wildlife Federation registered habitat and has two friendly dogs. I will have my own room and bathroom. It is in Old Los Angeles, whatever that is, and about 7 miles from where I will be working. It sounds like a pretty good deal. Let's hope she didn't run away with my credit card.

Albuquerque housing is a bit more challenging. We are looking to live in or near downtown for easy access to the NMT van and the bus system. We are going to attempt to live urban lives in a major sprawl city. We will see how that goes. We looked at a bunch of stuff Saturday, and it looks like either we can live in cute but terribly run-down places with single pane windows and window swamp coolers or in gated, high-priced apartment complexes. And in downtown you do not get nearly as much for your money as in other areas of the city. The price you pay for trying not to drive your car so much I guess. I have no idea what to do. We found one cute place that is in a bit of a shady area but they want tenants in by next weekend so that's a loss. If we get desperate Matt will just have to live in the Valles for the summer I guess.

Anyways, I have obviously been out of inspiration lately. I hope everyone enjoyed Earth Day. Matt and I played tennis and did not drive our cars. Have a great week!

No comments: