Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today's Blog is About my House


Okay, well I don't own a house, but we rent this rather large 3 bedroom manufactured home, of which you may have previously heard, in the sleepy town of Socorro where rent is quite low. I have discovered that in Albuquerque we will be able to rent a small 2 bedroom apartment for the same price as this house or a 1 bedroom apartment for slightly less than that. We all know this is not my favorite house. But it has wrought-iron screen doors on the front and the back that we love to have wide open, letting the breeze blow through. The back-yard is huge, although un-landscaped. It currently contains a shed, a horsehoe pit (two I guess) and a clothesline. Next door there is an empty lot. We have a lot off space. A lot.

I hate to clean this house. It is way too big. We ended up here because we wanted a 2 bedroom house or apartment so I could have a home office, but this was the only thing we could find that was not in some way scary. It is only scary by association (i.e. the houses down the street). But, I wonder if moving back into an apartment will make me feel closed-in. Granted, I love porches and balconies, and I don't have one here, so that would be nice. But won't it be loud? Won't the neighbors annoy me? Won't I wish I had a clothesline and a horseshoe pit? But then again the house might be clean. I don't know where all Matt's stuff would go. Hopefully Goodwill, but that is another story.

You know, I was just reading this, and I found it to be quite boring. Is my blog always quite boring? Is that why no one reads it except my sister (because she is family and she has to)? Oh well. No one has to read it. I just get bored so I like to think out loud. And today I am thinking about my house.

1 comment:

Karen said...

They are not usually boring, although I will agree, this is one of the more boring ones. :)