Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Also, small towns and mail men

Monday morning we went to the PO to pick up our 7 days of mail that we missed on the honeymoon. We only got one tiny package, and we wondered aloud at the counter what had happened to the larger packages we were expecting. At any rate, we went home.

Around 3:30 pm, the mailman stopped by, in his personal vehicle, to let me know that the lady at the PO had forgotten to give us two large packages and that she felt really bad about it. He hadn't brought the packages because he didn't know if we were home, and I suppose he didn't want to be carting around someone else's packages in his own car. Maybe that is illegal. At any rate, he said we were on his way home and he just wanted to let us know. How nice! I can't even believe it. This would never happen in a big town. That is another reason why I love Socorro.

My return trip to the PO reminded me again why I don't like Socorro. I don't want to go into it.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I fear that my package may have been the cause of your troubles at the Socorro PO.

Alison said...

Pretty sure your package wasn't large. Did you think it would be?