Thursday, February 01, 2007

Heat and School

Today I woke up, stepped out of the bed, immediately froze, checked the thermometer and found it was 57 inside. And snowing outside. For some reason 57 outside is not too cold, but inside our house it is quite cold. I cannot get the heater to come on and am currently waiting for help to arrive. I AM COLD! When I lived in Tucson, I never had the heater on; only the space heater, and I do remember it being chilly (sometimes it was in the 20s outside at night), but it can't have been this bad, can it? Although I didn't work at home then so all I had to do was cuddle up under lots of blankets at night. I cannot leave this house because I have to wait for phone calls. No fun!

On a side note, I am contemplating going back to school. Already. Part of the problem is that I am probably going to lose my job this summer and there aren't very many jobs to be had in NM. This might be an easy way out. If I get funded at least. It will be hard for Matt and me because we might have to live in separate towns or else live in the middle and both commute 40 miles each way (although I could take a train!). But there really are very few potential jobs where I could still live in Socorro, and Matt hasn't finished classes yet. So we shall see. I will miss the priority deadline, so that doesn't make my chances too wonderful.

Also, the wedding day forecast finally came out, and it is calling for 74 and partly cloudy. (See my prediction a few days ago - super close.) Should be beautiful!

No comments: