Monday, February 12, 2007

Marriage

Well, this past weekend was the big event! Matt and I made our commitment legal and are now able to obtain certain benefits that are unavailable to many others. Part of me felt like participating in this institution was morally wrong until it is open to everybody, no matter who they want to marry. However, I also wanted to marry Matt! So since I went ahead and did it, I pledge to advocate for equal rights and vote for politicians who do as well.

Another part of marriage that is hard to come to terms with are the traditions involved in the ceremony itself. We definitely made sure there were no "women are subservient to men" clauses, I am not changing my name, I got walked down the aisle by both my parents, and I hope that it came across as support, not 'giving me away.' I did wear white, that I will admit, but it does look pretty! (That is my only excuse.) Also, I chose not to wear the veil. I said my vows first because the male should not be the only one to take the lead. There are probably some other things I didn't think of that are catering to patriarchal traditions. Matt probably should have walked down the aisle too, not just me. What can I say? I am a sucker for pretty things and traditions.

All that aside, Matt and I are having fun so far. We haven't done much, just spent some time with family, opened presents, and drove back to New Mexico. Tomorrow we return to regular life. Doesn't really seem like anything has changed. There's just that little piece of paper with our signatures on it to remind us that we are 'legal.' So now Matt can get some dental work. And a new contact prescription. And I can golf for cheap at NMT. Lots of bonuses. Mostly we are just our same old selves.

Also, for the record, I wouldn't hire Mariana for your catering. She is a great cook but not so good at the catering. Also make sure that the site's event planner will actually be there at the rehearsal and event. It is hard to coordinate things yourself, especially when you are supposed to be hidden from view. And hydrangeas die quickly in Arizona, even in February. Bad idea, but they were pretty for a day!

Thanks everyone who was there to celebrate our big day with us! It was lots of fun!

Matt and I will definitely post pictures when they become available. If anyone has bridal shower, bachelorette party, or wedding pictures, I would love to see them!

On a completely different note, I just found out that I am a semi-finalist in my secret application. I have a phone interview in early March, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b]NationalClicks.com-Free Adult, Sexy Videos, Pictures, Games.[/b]

[b]**NOTE:[/b] We are your ONLY Free Softcore Adult Playground with over 20 Free Social Communities built towards your favorite fantasy.

You don't have a favorite fantasy? You should.

Maybe its Hot Teachers, Hot Mom's, Hot Wives, Lingerie, Daisy Dukes, Nip Slips, Sexy Legs, Booty or Panties.

Don't worry, we have you covered.

With over 20 Free Hot Social Communities to upload Pictures, Videos and Blogs we are sure to have what you want.


[b]Check it out, have some fun, interact and enjoy all the free stuff.
[/b]