Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's That Time of the Year!

The Iowa caucuses started 14 minutes ago. At last polling, Obama and Huckabee were in the lead of their respective parties, with Edwards and Hillary coming in 2nd and 3rd for the Democrats. I can hardly wait to hear the outcome! Just think, 4 years ago Dean died (not literally of course) in Iowa. What will happen this year? Aren't you on the edge of your seat?

Also I heard a rumor on the radio that Richardson is telling his supporters to caucus for Obama. If that is true, I'm so glad I didn't spend 3 months in Iowa campaigning for him. What a waste. I think he should be the VP.

In other news, I hate cars. The Exploder has broken down. I had to get it jumped to get home last night, and today Matt couldn't jump it. And Matt no longer has AAA. So this could result in a hefty towing bill. Good times. He is hoping to fix it tomorrow by taking the battery and the starter to Auto Zone. Let's hope that works! Not sure how we will get to the snow on Saturday without the 4x4 :(

In protest against cars, I took the bus today.

For dinner: vegetable fondue. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exploder?

Unknown said...

I don't know how I feel about the Iowa Caucus results. I am unhappy with Hillary's 3rd place finish, but even more unhappy with Edwards in 2nd. He is just more of the same! Rich, handsome, white, man....I am done with that!