Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Winter Wonderland



Ah, Santa Fe Peak. Isn't it beautiful without skiers all over it? Although I do appreciate the owners of Ski Santa Fe for letting people play on the slopes before ski season begins.

We took our brand new snowshoes (Thanks Mom and Dad!) out for a whirl partway up the mountain, and then we sledded down. The snowshoes made the snow walking super easy. (Except for me being out of shape.) And I'm pretty sure I've never sledded so fast in my life. We weren't on a black diamond or anything, but it was still pretty crazy. Crazier than when we used to snowmobile up the Michawye ski slopes and sled down and I would do somersaults and land back on my sled. Nope, this time even when I tried to bail, I was going so fast that I couldn't. Great fun.

And it was beautiful! The aspens were coated with snow all day, and the sun couldn't have been brighter. Although I couldn't feel my toes, it was a blast!

1 comment:

baillie said...

Look at how my fat arse dug a deeper furrow in the snow than did the snowmobile.