Thursday, September 27, 2007

Yesterday I Went to the Woods...

to take pictures of dead trees. Seriously. I took about 50. I did this for an article I wrote for a community newspaper. The article took me about 2 hours. My foray into the forest took about 4. He will probably give me $10 or something crappy. But I had nothing better to do. Do you think I should run from a paper that lets me take pictures? I mean, one of these is going in a paper. That's messed up.



While I was on the mountain, I decided I would play. So I did some hiking on the crest. And I had a picnic lunch. And I thought, wow, sometimes being unemployed is great. Unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills. Who knows what kind of job I can get in Albuquerque where all I have to do is go hiking all day?

Dead tree on the Crest. Not part of my assignment.


Hut built by the CCC on the Crest.


Fossils!


Turkeys!

2 comments:

Ms. S said...

FUN photos! I often wish being unemployed would allow me to live a lavish life of leisure and travel...alas...haven't figured it out yet.

Chelsea said...

Don't feel bad, I wrote this 1800 word piece about genetic engineering for a magazine and I broke the first rule of freelancing (that thing about a contract...) so I don't think I am going to get paid. I'm so dumb!
Thank god for the office, I'm watching it now and it makes all my problems go away.