Monday, August 27, 2007

Blog Response

I find it an unfortunate representation of our national ideals that by far the most comments I have ever received on a blog were elicited by talk of half-naked men. Not nearly so many responses to pressing issues such as the war on terror and environmentalism. Even when I ask for assistance with life choices, no one replies. What is so alluring about a white trash poll?

On other notes, I am still unemployed and looking for a job. I am toying with the idea of trying to make it part-time at least as a freelance writer, or running away to start a business venture. Or at least running away to do research. As always, I am open to suggestions. I will now contemplate how to develop a poll that includes both half-naked men and my life choices in order to increase responses, but my preliminary ideas are less than savory.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Are you British? I hear my husband gave you any number of options last night :)

baillie said...

My dear, "half-naked man" was one of your life choices.

Anonymous said...

i think the lesson to be learned here is when talking about important issues (i.e. enviro, politics, life choices) reference half (or fully) naked men and your responses should increase exponentially :) give it a try.

Anonymous said...

and your answers will increase 'sexponentially'
-pat

baillie said...

pat-

that's the most beautiful thing i've ever read. I owe you a beer.