Saturday, June 23, 2007

In the News Part II

Well, my longer more controversial piece got cut drastically. I think I need to work for an advocacy magazine.

However, on the bus ride home some interesting things happened.
1) I had to speak Spanish and it just came rolling off my tongue without me thinking. Who knew?
2) I had to hold someone's very small child. Ya'll, I am not a baby person. At all. But when I got off at my bus stop, this lady was struggling with the child and opening the stroller so I offered to help. For some reason, she thought the most appropriate thing would be for me to take her baby. And then put the baby in the stroller. Ya'll. Have I mentioned I don't do babies? Seriously do not hold them. Seriously don't put them in strollers. Not for babies I know. But apparently for strangers. Oh well.

Then Natalie's mom took us out to dinner so that was fun.

Unfortunately, Natalie is running away to Mexico. So much for having a friend in LA. I hope she has lots of fun.

No comments: