Thursday, April 05, 2007

Creative Juices

There for awhile I had something to say everyday and I was working on fun little crafty projects. Do you think the two are related? Since then I've been doing boring things like applying for jobs and deciding whether or not to go to school (apparently I am past the decision deadline) and it just doesn't get those creative juices flowing. Hence the lack of posts. The last post is only there because it was such a perfect Socorro moment. Things like that have to be shared.

I am blogging right now to try to regain some of my temporary creative spirit. I have to find a new way to channel my energy. I'm thinking that when I finally find out about the summer project (on or before April 16th) I can get on with my life. I feel like I am in some sort of limbo right now, and it just isn't good for the soul. Speaking of the soul, I just discovered today that Matt has tomorrow off, presumably for Good Friday. He will actually be working all day, as will I (well at least part of the day), so it doesn't really do us much good at all.

Would you like to hear my mid-term future plans (subject to change at any time)? Here they are:
1) I work while Matt finishes school by the end of summer 2009 - 3 years total
2) I get my PhD in Sustainability at ASU while Matt works and Karen helps look after anything that might need looking after... This may take up to 3 years.
3) I work while Matt takes a few years off
4) Matt and I both work and become world-famous doctors and practitioners of sustainability

Also speaking of the soul, I think this Sunday may be the first Easter in my 26 years that I will not have gone to Mass. I am breaking free of tradition. We will either be partying in Taos on the last day of ski season or at some 'small Easter get-together' with a friend in Albuquerque. Who I always thought was Hindu. No Easter breakfasts for us though :)

No comments: