Monday, March 26, 2007

Honeymoon

For all the people who thought our honeymoon was really neat, this is a list of specific places we went so you can help plan your future itinerary (pictures can be found on Picasa):
  • San Francisco
    • Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39
    • Ghiradelli Square
    • Coastal Trail - I'm not sure where this technically starts, but we walked all the way from Fisherman's Wharf to Golden Gate Park (past the bridge). The really pretty parts include Marina Green, Crissy Field, Palace of Fine Arts (nearby), the bridge itself, Land's End, and Seal Rocks/Cliff House/Sutro Baths
    • Golden Gate Park - Dutch Windmill, Bison Enclosure, Japanese Tea Garden
    • Union Square
    • Chinatown
  • Mendocino and Fort Bragg
    • Russian Gulch State Park
    • Mendocino Headlands State Park
    • Van Damme State Park (Spring Ranch)
    • Jughandle State Reserve
    • MacKerricher State Park
    • Glass Beach
    • Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
    • Drive from SF to Mendocino on Highway 1
    • Drive through Navarro Redwoods State Park on Highway 128
  • Yosemite
    • Lower Yosemite Falls
    • Valley Floor Loop Trail
    • Mirror Pond (seasonal)
    • Vernal and Nevada Falls
    • Upper Yosemite Falls Trail
I would seriously recommend all these places. At one point I tried to star things I really liked in my travel journal, but I didn't get very far. Some of my favorites in Mendocino are MacKerricher and the Botanical Gardens. Watch out for priceyness in Mendocino. Fort Bragg is the cheaper version but it is also not nearly as nice. However, at only 10 miles apart, you can eat in Fort Bragg and save some money. Also try Tote Fete, Mendocino Bakery, and Mendocino Cafe.

Obviously I don't have anything new and exciting to write about. I'm currently waiting for my garden stone to dry so I can paint it. Next step - a garden.

1 comment:

baillie said...

Ghirardelli, my love. Ghirardelli. :)