Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stuff and Nonsense

I went up to Albuquerque, not to work, but to see the allergist, which cost me $45 (stupid health insurance increases). And he did nothing that could not have been done over the phone, except that the nurse discovered my blood pressure is 86/62. She seemed to think it was fine as long as I felt okay. Now I am paranoid.

I also realized, again, that I do not want to live in Albuquerque. But I think it is inevitable. I'm sure it's no worse than Phoenix, but at least I am familiar with Phoenix and I understand it. I'm pretty sure it is worse than Tucson, although one of my friends likes Albuquerque better. I'm hoping maybe we can find somewhere in the city to live that we like and that also has public transportation to take us where we need to go. It just seems like we have to drive everywhere, and the driving sucks.

While in town, I went to Wild Oats to stock up on our organic food, Goodwill to drop off stuff that has been replaced by wedding presents, and Target to kill time before my doctor's appointment. I meant to buy nothing. I bought the following:

Yahtzee
Jenga
Peeps (I know they're made of gelatin, but I just love them!)
Stickers for the wedding scrapbook I keep planning to do

Today in the mail and UPS we got more new things:

Drinking glasses
Cheese slicer
Cheese grater
Mortar and pestle
Darts and fliers
CD from Laura
My new computer!

This computer seriously has the prettiest display I've ever seen. There isn't even a point in my printing out pictures anymore because they look so much better on here. I am addicted to technology!

No comments: