Friday, February 16, 2007

My Vows

Some of you mentioned that you couldn't hear me, so I am posting them for the world to see, as interested. Who knew I couldn't talk loud enough?


Matt,

When we met, you made me smile.
When we were friends, you made me laugh.
When we were dating, you expanded my horizons.
When we were engaged, you grew with me.

Today you embark with me, as a preacher (Bill Swetmon) said, on "a common search for the good and the beautiful." Though many things in the world today are no cause for celebration, we know that love can make a difference, and this is where we will start.

Today, I, Alison, take you, Matt, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and cherish you, laugh with you and cry with you, climb rocks with you and study water with you, all the days of my life.

And, as Bai Juyi wrote, "In our next life we will be birds flying wing to wing in the sky, or sturdy branches entagled with each other on the earth."

Matt, you are my blue sky, my wind and my rain; to you I pledge my love undaunted.

No comments: