Thursday, January 25, 2007

Karen's visit and Mamma Mia

Yesterday afternoon my sister, Karen, flew into Albuquerque to visit Matt and me for a few days. The first exciting stop - Whole Foods. Believe it or not, this was a crazy car ride half way across the city and there was soooo much traffic. Next we went to see Mamma Mia at Popejoy Hall. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but the show was fabulous - so much fun. I was smiling nearly the entire time. And the two guys next to us loved it even more than we did. They could not contain their excitement. This is a story about a girl with 3 possible dads, and she invites them all to her wedding on a Greek Island. It is set to a bunch of ABBA tunes. I'm a little young to have been an ABBA fan, so I only knew two of the songs, but the music and the choreography and the storyline were just enrapturing. I'm pretty sure Matt would have hated it, but luckily he was not there. Everyone should go!

Speaking of plays, Rent is coming May 18-20. Anyone want to come see it with me?

Unfortunately I had to work today, so Karen has been busily working on her French lessons. Tomorrow we will head to the Plaza, San Lorenzo Canyon, and the Bosque, where hopefully there will still be birds at fly-in. Tonight we will go Pursue Happyness.

16 days!

No comments: