Saturday, January 13, 2007

28 days and counting!

I really cannot believe that I will be getting married in less than a month. That is crazy! Sometimes I think that I am old (26!) but then sometimes I think there is no way I am ready to settle down right now. And I'm talking about actual physical location, not Matt, who I am excited to marry. It just is weird not to be able to pick up and leave or take seasonal jobs or any of that fun stuff I used to do. Now I live in a house and have a real job. And soon I will be married! I am pretty sure none of my friends would have expected this from me. And I have been here in New Mexico for almost 7 months now, so its not like the wedding is going to change anything. So I am excited! There is not so much left to do now - mostly write my vows. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the wedding! And bowling of course, we can't forget about that. Okay well that was a boring blog. I'll try to think of something more fun to say next time.

Oh and on a side note, the journal article I wrote based on my Master's thesis was finally reviewed, and somehow one of the reviewers was a guy who works in my lab. Now seriously, is the world of SD modeling really so small that one of my co-workers is a reviewer? Let me just say that this paper is not that great and neither was the review, so it is just a bit embarrassing. On a better note, all three of my references finally got their letters in for the 'secret' application, although one might not arrive until the due date - talk about cutting it close. I guess I might not hear anything else until March. Keep your fingers crossed!

Also, there are new pictures on the Happy New Years entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like pretty girls! Hi Alison!

"And I'm talking about actual physical location, not Matt, who I am excited to marry."
Are you? I mean, I would be, but that's just me.

"And I have been here in New Mexico for almost 7 months now, so its not like the wedding is going to change anything."
Except that you will no longer be able to escape me. Mwahaha