Sunday, September 07, 2008

Goodbye New Mexico

I have abandoned my blog, and many of my readers, for way too long. The four hour daily commute has left me not being able to keep track of my life in my head, on (digital) paper, or anywhere else. And I certainly haven't been keeping track of other people's lives.

So I quit.


In less than two weeks, I will begin my pilgrimage from Albuquerque to California (again). Only this time, hopefully it will be permanent. I will be living in the Marin headlands and working in science communication for the National Park Service. This will be a 6 month stint, after which I plan to attempt to go into business for myself.

Matt, meanwhile, is looking for a job in the Bay area, and is flying out there tomorrow for an interview. So although we are appalling many people by planning to live apart for awhile, hopefully it won't be for too long.

So we are saying goodbye to New Mexico. I guess I need to change my blog address. In the meantime, I am contemplating how to pursue my web presence. I will update you if I choose to change locations or activities.

I apologize if you are getting this news in blog format. I am also way behind in calling people, and I am rather sick today, so I decided just to broadcast it to the world. I hope to talk to ya'll soon.

No comments: