Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fair Housing Act my Ass

I look at craigslist about 200 gazillion times a day to try to find somewhere to live in Albuquerque. On May 4th, the absolutely best thing came up - A 600sf 2 story loft with patio and rooftop patio in the perfect area of town and within our budget. The property manager won't let us even look at it because she says it's not big enough for two people. Karen has informed me that their flat in Geneva is also 600sf, and it has two bedrooms! I tried to find out if this qualified as discrimination in the Fair Housing Act, but apparently 'familial status' only applies to people with children. What a bunch of ass! Shouldn't it be up to us to decide if 600sf is too small for us? This is the second time I have run into this in Albuquerque. What in the world is the deal with this state?

No comments: