Monday, May 14, 2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality

After we returned from the mountains, we had an ant infestation in our kitchen, so we decided to order pizza for dinner. For the second time since we have lived here, we ordered Pizza Hut delivery. For the second time, they failed to bring my soda. Since the delivery guy last time never brought one to me, I refused to pay this one until he returned with it. Shockingly enough, he returned in about 2 minutes (Pizza Hut is not very far away).

The weirdest thing about this is that neither time did the delivery guy seem surprised or apologetic that they had forgotten the soda. It was like it was a given. So my question is, are they really just stupid, or is this some sort of scam that they pull on everyone? I mean really, what are the odds that 100% of the time they forget the soda (despite the small sample size). And then say nonchalantly, oh, I'll have to come back with that. What is with this state?

In relation to state weirdness, when we were on the trip this weekend, two different people were describing how great their neighborhoods were. And then, as an afterthought, discussed the gunshots and drug deals and thefts that go on all the time. So crime is just a given to people in Albuquerque. Whereas I would not think a neighborhood was great unless it was low-crime. I guess this is something we're going to have to get used to.

No comments: