Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Told You So

I don't really like to say that.

Okay, well maybe I do.

Here's the thing - Back in March 2003, I was going to protests like this one, below, to try to do something to convince good ol' W not to go to war. Those of us at those protests knew that the war was a bad idea. Other people thought we were idiots. The government, in fact, thought we were so much of a threat that they blocked all exits to the square with riot police. I am not kidding. This is an intimidating tactic. Because usually peace activists are so violent and all.

Even my friend who was previously a Republican came to these protests with me, because she saw the light. I did not post her picture to avoid anymore fodder for the FBI files.



Then what happened in 2004? To paraphrase Matt's shirt, OMG WTF. The American people voted to keep W in control, and accordingly, to keep us and our soldiers in the quagmire.

Fast forward to 2007. MoveOn.org held a Virtual TownHall to allow the candidates to discuss the Iraq War. Only the Democrats showed up. You can read or hear more about it here.

Okay here is my point. How the hell did it take these people 4+ years to figure out that W is a bad President and the Iraq War is hopeless. I could have told you that in 2003! Or 2001 when really, we all knew the war with Iraq was inevitable. I TOLD YOU SO! All you people who currently give Bush a 30% approval rating when you voted for him 2.5 years ago. Well those people probably don't read my blog, but still!

Don't get me wrong; I am super happy that now most of the country recognizes that we need to get out of Iraq, even though W doesn't, but think of how much better off everyone would have been if we hadn't started the damn war in the first place. And for goodness sake, please support a true, bona fide, peace-loving candidate this time around. We owe it to the world.

1 comment:

baillie said...

What's sad is that Bush still has a 38% approval rating. So almost 40% of respondents approve of what this douche nozzle is doing to us. (Thanks LNCB)
On a side note, for those who have not seen the shirt, here is its close relative.